The primary purpose of the All Locations list is to let the user easily
access any location of a healthcare service without going back to the main search
The locations listed have 3 background colors:
means the healthcare service@location has referral information attached to it.
means the healthcare service@location never had referral information attached to it, or it has unpublished referral information.
- Red means
- IA changed the healthcare service@location's status to something other than Current
- It was deleted if it is an ARD healthcare service@location.
are always at the
top of the list. These are the Healthcare Service@Locations with the status of
list at the bottom consists of non-current Healthcare Service@locations that
once had Published referral information in the ARD.
If the referral information was never published in ARD the Healthcare Service@location will not show in the Red
The secondary purpose of the All Locations list is to allow ARD Administrators to recover (copy) referral information
from the non-current Healthcare Service@Locations to ones that are current.
A Healthcare Service moves from one location to another. In this case the IA Healthcare Service@Location record will be made defunct (non-current) and a new
Healthcare Service@Location record will be created with a current status. In this scenario the captured referral guidelines in ARD can become "orphaned"
as they are not attached to any current IA healthcare service.
Categories of non-current or orphaned referral guidelines: INDIVIDUAL and COMMON.
The REFERRAL GUIDELINES section of the profile has the prefix INDIVIDUAL or COMMON to help you choose the method below
when transferring referral guidelines from a non-current Healthcare Service@Location to a current healthcare service@location.
Individual referral process
Common referral process
- Click on a non-current (Red) Healthcare Service@Location at the bottom of the All Locations list.
- The non-current referral info is displayed with the link
Copy this Referral Process to another Healthcare Service@Location
link on the upper right hand corner.
Click on the copy link.
- Choose a current location (Green
or Brown) from the All Locations list. This will be the Healthcare Service@Location you are pasting the referral info into.
- The system will display the Edit Referral Info screen
populated with the referral info from the non-current Healthcare Service@Location
you viewed in the first step.
- Click Save and the referral info is transferred from the
non-current Healthcare Service@Location to the current one.
- Repeat these steps for each Healthcare Service@Location that needs
- 2 sub cases.
Case 1: At least 1 current Healthcare Service@Location with common referral info is with current status for this healthcare service;
One or more Healthcare Healthcare Service@Locations where replaced by new one.
- Click on any current Healthcare Service@Location whether it has
referral info (Green)
or not (Brown).
- The healthcare service location opens in the Edit Referral Info screen populated with the current common referral info.
- Save it.
- All locations will be updated with the common referral information, including all the locations that don't have referral info
The non-current referrals (Red) will also be updated.
Case 2: All Healthcare Healthcare Service@Locations for a healthcare service are set to a non-current status and replaced by new ones. In this case there is no
current additional referral info to copy from, so the only alternative
is to pick up the non-current common referral process (Red
). Follow the
steps described in the section Individual Referral Process
above to copy/paste the non-current common referral info to the current healthcare service locations.
Generally we want to replicate current common referral info to new or replaced healthcare service locations.
We only resort to copying non-current common referral info if there is no other option.
: Some fields can be location specific with the common referral process:
Parking Instructions, Directions, Parking Map, Wait Time, Referral Phone or Referral Fax.
To update these items you have to edit each Healthcare Service@Location separately.
- The info icon after the All Locations drop down will be visible to ARD Administrators.
- The system doesn't allow you to copy referral information from one non-current Healthcare Service@Location to another.